The Puppy Den Enrollment Process
We accept healthy puppies from 8-weeks-old to 6-months-old to start daycare with us!
We separate puppies into appropriate play groups: first by age and size (small dogs vs. large dogs), and then also by play type (gentle vs. physical).
Puppies over the age of 6-months should check out The Dog Den Fitchburg & East locations!
All new puppies must have:
- Their first series of DHLPP vaccinations along with age-appropriate boosters
- Bordatella vaccination.
- Proof of a clear fecal test within the last 6-months.
- When recommended by their veterinarian for their age, we require proof of Rabies vaccination.
As your puppy grows older, we also accept proof of titers for all vaccines.
Puppies must be spayed or neutered at 6-months-old.
First day of daycare
We will observe your puppy throughout their entire first day to make sure they are enjoy themselves daycare and are a good fit for daycare. If we notice any concerns we will contact you immediately.
Because we are very committed to maintaining a positive experience for all of our puppies, our program may not be right for every puppy. The Puppy Den reserves the right to make this determination. Some breeds have different play types by nature, while other dogs may find the daycare enrivornment too overwhelming. If you think your dog may fall under this category please call or email us and we can determine if he is a good daycare candidate!
Owners must sign a Rules and Regulations form, Client Agreement form, and show proof of vaccinations when they drop-off their puppy on their first day.
Here is a checklist for your puppy's first day of daycare:
- Please drop off your puppy no later than 7:00am on their first scheduled day. This is important as the first day of daycare can be a little overwhelming for even the most social pup. By arriving by 7:00am, your puppy will be able to meet all of their new friends one at a time rather than "joining the party" after everyone else has arrived. Arriving early, also helps us to spend time with you to review paperwork, go over our daily schedule, and answer any questions you might have. If you arrive after 7:00am on your first day, we may ask you to reschedule.
- Bring copies of your pup's vaccination records for our files - including Bordatella and a clear fecal within the past 6 months. If you prefer, have your vet fax these to us prior to your first scheduled day.
- Allow yourself an extra 30 minutes during this first drop off day for paperwork and any questions.
- Please remember that topical flea & tick treatment is poison to other puppies also. Please have it on your puppy for at least 48 hours before bringing them to play with others.
- We highly recommend bringing a lunch or snack for your puppy. Please bring in a plastic, airtight Tupperware-type container with his or her name written on it. Puppies burn a lot of energy and are typically hungry by naptime! All puppies will have a mid day nap, and they will be much happier if they have a snack first!
We recommend at least a one-day-per-week commitment to keep your puppy's social skills up. Puppies do best at daycare when they come on regular days during the week. Just like children they make friends at daycare, and when they hang out with their regular group of friends each week they are more relaxed, know the routine, and have their own little "cliques". We have a lot of "best friends" at daycare - some pups play with the same few puppies for the entire day and are happy to see them on a regular basis because they all come on the same days each week!
Thank you again for considering our daycare - we can't wait to meet your puppy!